Jun 30, 2009 at 11:42 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2009 at 11:47 PM
As you already noticed its a VS2008 solution. However, just start VS2005 and select to open the "OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication.csproj". That should work, and VS automatically creates a solution which contains the project.
To build the .dll:
- select "Release" from the solution configuration.
- right click the OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication project and select "Rebuild" (probably VS asks you to save the new solution - confirm that)
- the OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication.dll is now located in the "bin/Release" folder of the solution
To use the .dll:
- open your original solution from where you want to access the WinCE5 device
- right click on the project where you want to use the class library and select "Add reference"
- select the "Browse" tab and locate/select the OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication.dll
Now all thats left to do, is to include the namespace with "Imports OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication" in the vb-file where you need the Desktop.Communication library. Now you can use/instantiate the OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication classes like usual
"Dim rapi As New RAPI"
Hope that helped.
EDIT: And yes, it would probably be a good idea to provide a link to the binary of the latest (stable) release in the download section.