Copying an SQL CE 3.5 file from Mobile to PC

Aug 26, 2009 at 7:44 AM

I have downloaded your program and installed the DLL and all works very well - thank you very much.

But I set out to copy my SQL CE 3.5 file from my mobile device to my PC (i.e. a .sdf file), but this failed whereas copying a text file worked.

Is there a way of copying this file (i.e a non-text file) from the mobile to the desktop and vice versa.  It can easily be done in activesync, but I haven't found any programatic way of  doing it.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

cheers,

Sep 28, 2009 at 4:50 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2009 at 4:51 PM

What do you mean with "failed"? Did you get an error message? What is your system setup? Can you please show some code?

Oct 2, 2009 at 5:48 PM

it is possible that the (.sdf file, right?) has a hook on it from SQL CE.  not sure how to do it in mobile, but try to stop the sql service, copy the file back to the desktop, and start the sql service back up...

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM

roundy, do you have any sample code showing how to do so? 

I have an app which transfers and SDF back and forth for syncing purposes, but I would like to beable to kill the CE FE app (or SQL CE) if either have the SDF open/locked.

I was wondering if this could be done with a call through OpenNETCF.Desktop.Communication.

THanks,

David